7/15/09

New Orleans

There may be the remote possiblity that I will have to give up organizing trade shows. Which leaves me a little sad and yet a little hmmm...anxious about what the new role might bring.

I'm sad because next year we were heading back to new orleans...home of the beniget and John Besh. I had already scoped out his restaurant August and had decided that as the "treat" of the trip that would be it.

I loved him on the next iron chef and thought he was totally robbed...and I also loved him on top chef masters. I'm sure much like emeril's I might find the prices way out of my league but I just imagine the taste of his food to be otherworldly.

Ah even if I have to give up the trade shows...I may make it back to new orleans on my own someday...maybe.

See there's this thing about having a bug to travel. And there are so many places in this world I haven't seen yet that may cause traveling to somewhere I've already been (alibet on a work related trip) nonetheless...

I am contemplating a trip for my 40th birthday next year. Not exactly sure if I can swing something extravagant on my budget but it would be fun to go someplace exotic or ancient...

Top ten place I'd like to see before I die:

1. Italy
2. Germany
3. Alaska
4. Maine
5. the carolina coast
6. Cruise thru the caribean to go snorkeling
7. Australia
8. Greece
9. Spain
10. New Foundland/ Nova Scotia / or possibly someplace like lake louise heck - while I'm at it, why not trek all the way across canada (skipping over those annoying french speaking parts that make my worklife miserable.)

No comments: