7/12/09

Candy

There are bits and pieces of candy that bring to mind childhood memories...more above the waxy bottles of sugary liquid that we'd sometimes get at Stuckey's on those long car trips...our childhood had several stops down candy lane...including

Spree - these were sold in the concession stand at Pioneer Pool - where I spent most ever summer since I was six or so. Granted the Sprees mostly were around during high school years and while I understood their choice insofar as they didn't melt...I didn't quite understand how mixing wet water drenched hands etc. made for easy eating without getting the inky colors all over our hands.

There were these were a chalky lemony almost powdered sugar german candy that was sold in a clear celophane wrapper at the german deli...my grandpa used to buy them for us if we were good. And Cow Candy - that was almost like a carmel but not really that had these cows on the front and also were sold at the german deli.

Lora Martin was the first friend I had that wanted to be in the hubba bubba bubble blowing club. She had a collection of hubba bubba and bubble yum and well...we spent a lot of our childhood perfecting the fine art of blowing bubbles.

No comments: