6/1/09

taken to the cleaners

I'm sad. The little christian 2.99 dry cleaners off of white bear ave is under new ownership. Not only were they really economical when I had to cave and stop dryel'ing my dry cleaning and actually take it to the cleaners but alas, it's still convenient and they weren't that expensive.

Today as I was picking up the dry cleaning there were two men in front of me. They were probably in their early 30's and had two HUGE camping type dufflebags full of jeans and sweatshirts and lots of other clothes that most people just wash themselves. They were dropping them off to be cleaning. I was just going to make an excuse to stick around and find out how much their bill would be. (Seriously ridiculous amount of laundry) and even if they paid per pound (which I'm not sure if that's how that works?) The bill still had to be at least $100 if my three measly suits were $20 to dry clean.

I would have washed and folded them for $30.

No comments: