Seriously people - it's a PG movie and while the commercials are cute, you probably shouldn't bring your pre-schooler to a movie where inanimate objects come to life. They are probably going to ask a lot of questions and be scared.
I counted no less than 30 kids in the theater that fit this description. It's not really a kids movie. Maybe a teenager movie but really...wait for a cartoon.
SPOILER ALERT...don't read on if you are hoping to see the movie...or read on and debate the merits of my review...
I had high hopes for this movie, as I really enjoy the smithsonian and thought the trailer was well done. While not everything was in the trailer...a lot of it was and I think it probably would have been better if I had seen the first movie as I think there were a lot of carry over jokes.
Maybe I was tired from the week I had, but I also started dozing off in the midst of it...sort of boring...kind of cliche and if you go and see it...doesn't Hank Azaria's accent sort of bug you after awhile...I'm just saying. Is it supposed to be egyptian with a lisp? Or is that part of the historical figure.
There were some clever surprises...but honestly I can't recommend this movie be more than a redbox rental. ** two stars.
No comments:
Post a Comment