I'm in Fort Lauderdale for a trade show (work) until next wednesday. I love traveling on the company dime but these trips are exhausting. So today I arrive after a harrowing plane trip.
I'm usually a pretty good flyer however about an hour and a half into our three hour tour we hit some horrible pocket of turbulence which knocked the plane sideways and made this horrible sound on the left wing (almost like the wing was being broken off) Anyhow, after reading the news reports of the plane getting hit by lightening I think we were all a little over sensitive about any sort of turbulence.
Anyhow, we arrived safely after two straight hours of prayer...my mantra being "God, if it's your will, please don't let me die as I didn't clean my house before I left on this trip"
The hotel we are staying it is really nice. Apparently previously owned by the same person who built the Phillips 66 gas station empire.
I have a lovely room with a large king size bed and a flat screen tv that has really good cable channels.
The only downside is the ridiculous fee of $9.99 a day that Hyatt still charges their customers for accessing the internet daily. Ridiculous.
I took a water taxi to the beach in search of dinner and the ocean. They were the cheesiest "tour guide" captians that were commenting from a memorized script (which became apparent when I took the boat ride back with a different boat captain and well...the guy had the same cheesy script.)
Man, people down here have a lot of money they don't know what to do with. $80 Million dollar yachts parked next to huge mansions. I saw the boat apparently owned by Scottie Pippen (formerly of the Chicago Bulls)
I walked to the beach and jumped into the atlantic ocean. (okay, that wasn't accurate, I ambled into the ocean) and then stopped at a little beachside restaurant for dinner.
Today's really the only day I have for "fun" - and I'm tired so that's all for the update for today.
Here are some photos:



No comments:
Post a Comment