6/12/09

DVD REVIEW: NEW IN TOWN

New in Town - starring Renée Zellweger and Harry Connick Jr is a stereotypical small town minnesota movie about a out of town manager who comes in to "fix" a blue collar small town plant and in turn somehow finds her heart.

The minnesotan accents were funny but at times a little too overdone. And some of the "factual things" like New Ulm and Rochester being a close 1-hour drive seems a bit far fetched. I tend to love Harry Connick Jr. Ever since Hope Floats, he can be a leading man and I'll typically buy it. This time though I didn't really get his whole story and it was a bit too quick of a meeting and falling in love that just didn't really work for me.

But then again, I'm not entirely sure I know anything about love anyhow.

However I did laugh in parts and it was light hearted enough that I'll give it two stars. Kind of reminded me of those romance movies that the Hallmark channel sometimes airs.

No comments: