6/14/09

Are you going to heaven?

For the last several months I've been meaning to blog about this. On my way home from Hudson last night I caught another billboard on I-94 and it just said this -

Are you going to heaven or hell?

Then in really way too small letters it gave a phone number (which at 65 miles an hour would be way too hard to catch) and a bible verse: John 3:36 "Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him."

Um okay - so I understand the eternal ramifications of wanting people to think about their eternal life...but ...zooming by on a billboard and really the only thing you would really catch is are you going to heaven or hell? I'm not sure that this is the most successful method of catching people's attention.

Although...I'm still thinking about it so maybe if one other person thinks about it - the investment of the billboard will all be worth it.

No comments: