Congratulations Miss North Carolina for achieving your life long dream of becoming Miss USA. I understand that pagents are a tough gig and I'd be lying if I said I didn't dream of having a body like yours without having to give up haagen daas and having do do a zillion crunches and um...a whole lot of other stuff.
However I do have an issue with the whole pagentry of the event and the earlier hour that it appeared to "squeeze in" another episode of Celebrity Apprentice and while I understand there are many who like Billy Bob - the announcer dude...who tivo'd the event to run by those special hip to boob zooms which were standard on every single contestant, I just think that maybe this franchise is one that should have died when it had the chance, before Donald Trump stepped in to save it.
There has got to be a better way to get a scholarship. Do they even get scholarships anymore? That was always my favorite part - right before they awarded the crown they would run through all of the prizes the winner would get. For the low low price of strutting before millions in ridiculously high heels and a bikini. Seriously. Who wears shoes like that?
I know that when I was a young child, we'd line up our notebooks and tally scores and "vote" for our favorite candidate. It seemed a whole lot simpler then. And while they try and toss in the question round to help illustrate the candidates views on various topics, today Miss California's honesty is being bantered around the blogways as having lost her the competition. Her question was about whether gay marriage should be allowed and her answer was that she believed a union should be between a man and a woman.
I have a few friends who are lesbian and gay and I'm not going to share my thoughts about that particular topic. I will say that asking this question in comparison to the other questions that were asked was highly unfair. There's more of a moral code in play. And while the idea is to find out of the woman is worthy of representing the United States, I would rather have someone who is honest and I don't think was truly wasn't trying to diss an entire community of Gays and Lesbians and Perez Whomeveryouare, than someone who might have lied and said what everyone wanted to hear.
But that leads the question - do you always say what you mean? Or are there instances where an opinion is best left to a vague answer?
No comments:
Post a Comment