I'm sure that I can't be the only person who gets sort of sad when a regular blogger whose thoughts I rather enjoy goes on a lengthy hiatus. It makes you wonder...are they trapped under something heavy (that stolen shamelessly from When Harry Met Sally) or have they really found more to do with their time that ramble endlessly to the universe about nothing anyone really needs to know about or maybe just maybe, they just forgot about their blog.
I blog hop through blogs that haven't been updated in years to strangers whom I've never met. Yep, maybe I'm the one who needs to go on a lengthy hiatus? (Um, and yeah...that was rhetorical)
Has Beth had her baby? Will micah eat cake or smush it into his face? Will stephanie's roommate find a job?
I don't know these people but their stories ramble around in my head and it makes me curious and needing to go back for more.
Which is why today I was surprised and let out a gleeful cheer to see a blogger that I found profound or sometimes merely amusing might be back. It's oddly inticing to wonder.
And still I feel somewhat odd that I enter these portals that are probably meant more for friends and family to update them on the goings on in the world...
Portal is the new buzz word at work. We are building portals...like some sort of podzone of aliens where people can "check in" "gain knowledge" or...port I guess?
Portal. Really unnecessary word but for some reason it comes up several times a day so why not use it in this instance right?
So um...thanks for visiting the pondering portal...which I wonder will ever be dumped? That's a whole other sort of port-a (Um, sorry couldn't resist)
No comments:
Post a Comment