Had dinner at Mama Maria's in Hudson WI tonight and it was delicious and now added to my list of places that I will return to. Not horribly priced, excellent ambiance, over-eager wait staff...so over eager that my friend amy paused in eating her salad and went to go sip her drink and the waiter thought she was done with her salad and took the plate. Which we chuckled about but was one of the points against them.
The salad was a house italian salad that tasted like it perhaps also had balsamic vinegar in the mix, a mixure of leafy greens, pepperoni and some grated parm. It wasn't my favorite but it did have a nice flavor.
I had Veal Marsala (yep, for those who know me, this tends to be a favorite of mine) and it was delicious. Thin slices of veal, pan seared with a light marsala sauce and mushrooms. I paired it with canniloni at the waitress recommendation and wasn't a big fan but maybe because the combination was so heavy and I really haven't eaten much this week, having been recovering from another round of sickness (this time strep throat.)
We went early, and if you decide to go on the weekend it sounds like you best call ahead for a reservation.
The other food I saw looked just as delicious and it's always fun to visit with friends while dining so perhaps I took home more than just good food in my stomach but the realization that perhaps I haven't spent as much time with friends as I would like.
All in all...Mama Maria's gets a 4 of 5 stars. And I will be back to dine another day.
No comments:
Post a Comment