4/11/09

Lovely Lunch


Today we decided to head out on a new adventure. As a creature of habit, I admit that I tend to frequent the same restaurants mostly in the St. Paul area and very rarely do I venture into Minneapolis.

Today's Minneapolis destination: Emily's Lebanese Delicatessen. Which was featured on Diner's Drive-Ins and Dives. 

We arrived to find the main dining room completely packed and we were invited to walk through the kitchen up an old set of stairs to their second floor seating area.    

The menu of lebanese food is a mystery to me so I decided to keep things simple and stick with a kabob.  The chicken kabob was subtle in seasoning and I ordered a 1/2 an order and had more than enough food.  The waitress brought a basket of flatbread and butter and the kabob also came with this lemony garlicy sauce and a cinnamony pinenut rice pilaf with chicken pieces.

The person I was dining with had lamb kabob and a spinach pie.  The lamb kabob had pieces of zucchini and onions along with the lamb.  

All in all, it was a delicious meal for about $20.00 and has been added to a short list of places that I would easily take my cousin Arnie to if he happens to visit minnesota again.


No comments: