Seriously out of words, plumb tuckered and the doctor told me why the other day...it's mono. Or infectious mononucleosis. Which when you say it like that typically has people running for cover or at the very least cringing that you are in the same room with them.
I'm trying to be a trooper but really I just want to sleep. And then when I finally get to bed, I ache so bad and cough and feel drained that I can't sleep and so....it goes.
And goes. And goes. And where it stops apparently only God knows.
Infectious mononucleosis (mono) is often called the kissing disease. (Go ahead, get that out of the way.) The virus that causes mono is transmitted through saliva, so you can get it through kissing, but you can also be exposed through a cough or sneeze, or by sharing a glass or food utensil with someone who has mono. However, mononucleosis isn't as contagious as some infections, such as the common cold.
Apparently this may also cause an enlarged spleen. You just don't hear that much about the spleen so I googled it to see what exactly a spleen does...
The spleen is an organ in the upper left side of the abdomen. It filters the blood by removing old or damaged blood cells and platelets. It also helps the immune system by destroying bacteria and other foreign substances. The spleen holds extra blood that can be released into the circulatory system if needed.
Sounds important. So I'm probably misinforming thanks to google but at the very least I thought I'd explain why the blog's been on hiatus for a few weeks.
This isn't fun and while I look perfectly able and willing to do most anything I'm really pretty much just ready at all times for a big long nap. Which is where I'm heading right now. G'night.
2 comments:
I thought I had mono for a year once. Turns out I was just really bored.
The spleen is important, but not vital. I haven't had a spleen 17 years.
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored. - Wayne Campbell
Post a Comment