So, the St. Paul Winter Carnival is in full swing in downtown st. paul which often means having to endure almost getting attacked by grown men painting V's on people's faces and carousing around generally loud and not that harmless.
I don't know if the woman in the HUGE car that almost ran me over this evening knew what was chasing her but obviously she wanted to get away as soon as humanly possible and the heck with any pedistrians in the crosswalk. Had I not ran/stumbled to the curb instead of my usual snail/gait I would have been smushed.
Now this was the white fire truck carrying the "wind guys" or king boreas and his knights...the one guy looked like Capitan Stuebing from Love Boat so I don't wonder if they invited the equally confusing summer hoopla folk from the Minneapolis Aquatennia to join them on the ride... and generally don't get me wrong - they are the good people (I've had a few friends on their volunteer committes) BUT...I'm not up on my winter carnival lore because a) I never cared enough to learn and aside from looking at the ice sculputures because they are near the Eco plaza and sometimes going to the torchlight parade...um...winter's not exactly my idea of a grand time outdoors.
Anyhow coming up right behind them blaring "ride a cowboy" was the vulcan crew I think or the wind or seriously - the red people.
For more on the history of the winter carnival Visit Here.
And yes, I'm fine. I guess if there's ever a time to almost get smushed by a vehicle it's when you can have almost 30 witnesses on a firetruck standing by.
No comments:
Post a Comment