2/10/09

Murphy

So I needed ...really needed to print a bunch of stuff today, but of course, my black print cartridge which had been warning me all last week that it only had 127 copies left...finally gave out. And of course, I was too lazy to have put in a office depot order and so...it goes, that murphy's law...sort of thing.

So I returned to my baby today. After a brief hiatus to take care of a few product launches starting around 4:30 this afternoon I returned to the website I'm supposed to be launching in two weeks to continue building it. I remember why I love it and if I had more energy I probably could have worked on it until midnight.

Tomorrow I get to present my review to my manager for the first round of "approvals" I think it's just so backwards that we have to write our own reviews. Of course if you say "i'm awesome", are you really being truthful or are you being too critical if you give yourself a 4? Can you really give yourself a 5 in all good conscious?

I just want to get it over with. But it won't officially be done for a few more "revisions".

I know I shouldn't complain, because at least I have a job to review but seriously...our HR department changes the proceedure every year and every year we have new upper managers who implement their own way of doing things too...and in the end, really, all that matters is that we just do what anyone asks, faster than they ever thought possible, without any rhyme or reason for our own projects and pretty much smile along the way.

Yep, 10 years and the cynicism is still alive and well.

No comments: