I learned of a few more friends that have lost their jobs. It may sound insensitive of me but in the back of my head when I read the Pioneer Press report I thought - well 50 people isn't quite so bad, considering the economy this could have been quite worse. But now that I've learned who this layoff has hit, I've reversed my position. Even just learning one name was effected is kind of one of those heartbreaking things.
It does make you think about your own job. And the work that you provide your employer. Are you goofing off? Do you contribute ALL there is during the workday?
I really hope my friends land on their feet. I've had some friends and family without a job for months and I can feel their frustration. I've also seen what it has done to people insofar as the ability to pay bills, keep a house, and I pray for them and their situation.
It's not like they are on some sort of extended vacation - it's serious. And they really want to work. I just hope some employer sees that soon.
In the meantime we can listen and pray and hope for the best.
No comments:
Post a Comment