1. He's a marathon runner and is attempting to run a marathon in each of the 50 states. I think he said his latest one was in Alabama a few weeks ago.
2. He like a lot of different types of music but has seen Martina McBride in concert perhaps a dozen times.
3. He's a whiz at math.
4. He knowingly wore a dress to a work function last year and ended up in the company fundraising calendar.
5. He walked in the Susan G. 3-day walk for breast cancer last year.
6. He likes to drive on country roads and just stop in towns to gather the flavor of a town.
7. He wanted to go to
a wisconsin supper club, just because he had never been to one.8. I always thought he had the coolest bedroom at his parent's house while growing up because it was in the basement of their house.
9. We indulge each other with random christmas gifts each year.
10. He reads my blog.
11. He introduced me to my very first tiki bar.
12. He apparently likes the packers.
13. He also introduced me to various other cuisines like Tapas
14. He is a tad bit crazy about recycling.
15. He lives in Illinois.
16. He buys interesting and thought provoking presents for the little cousins in our lives - like lights that shine galaxies on the ceiling.
Happy Birthday Cousin Arnie - you know I love you and wish you a happy birthday even if you may not want to celebrate. To quote Martina -
"I have been blessed
With so much more than I deserve
To be here with the ones
That love me
To love them so much it hurts
I have been blessed"
1 comment:
Two minor clarifications:
I've seen Martina McBride closer to two dozen times,
the reason for the dress (actually a skirt) was to raise money for St. Judes Hospital. Twelve of us dressed up as Howie's girls in an adaptation of Deal or No Deal.
(EDITOR'S NOTE: I didn't mean to supposed that you wanted to just do this on your own will...)
Alabama was my 15th state and I ran
a personal best of 4:35:59 (which included stopping and taking some
pictures).
Next stop, Olathe, KS, March 28th. Going to try and run in under 4:30 hrs.
EDITORS NOTE: 26 miles might take me at least two or three days to run so best wishes with the 4:30!
Post a Comment