1/26/09

Government Waste

Not exactly sure who the millions of people are who are supposedly unprepared for the conversion to digital TV that is supposed to happen in February but now apparently I read on google news that our fine government wants to postpone this conversion until June because it wants to give the Obama administration time to "solve this mismanaged mess" and give consumers time to get additional coupons.

I can hardly believe someone in this country could be unprepared after about a year of annoying countdowns to the digital conversion and the news being interrupted to share information and instruction on how to convert and whether your tv needs help. And the whole coupon thing is ridiculous anyhow. I know several people who received coupons and then realized that they didn't really need to convert their tvs anyhow.

Maybe the government should just keep things the way it is...and the heck with being unprepared. Yes, sure we are penalizing apparently the poor and rural folk...but really I'll bet we are going to spend a whole lot more money postponing the system rather than supposing that these people can live without television for a few months while they get their coupon.

In another story, I read that it may cost PBS stations alone $22 Million Dollars.

That's a lot of begging the American public for more support and we probably shouldn't be watching so much tv anyhow.

No comments: