1/25/09

Hallmark

Okay, I'm a romantic sap who loves words. I admit it.

So after my ritual cry through sunday evening watching home makeovers, I flipped over to watch the Hallmark movie...which I caught the jist of as some sort of jewish custom that a brother would marry the widow of the deceased brother...which I recall reading in the old testament or maybe it was just look out for the widow...anyhow...I figured what the heck, an hour and a half of watching a sappy love story when I'm already in a melancholy mood.

And then they started playing the hallmark videos between commercial breaks and there were a few that just made kleenex induced crying moments.

The movie wasn't all that believable. But it did have a happy ending.

And the commercials were as effective as some of the superbowl commercials in making me want to go to halmark tomorrow and find the cards and send them to my dad, my mom, my best friend...

Of course the halmark store right next to eco-ville closed and turned into cheap card store central (i think I used to find better cards at factory card outlet.) And so - I probably won't buy cards...but I'll ponder the commercials for a little while longer.

No comments: