1/21/09

Allergic to Winter

I went to the doctor today for a bunch of reason but mostly because I've been coughing and sniffling and just not feeling well since about November. She suspects that I am suffering from some sort of seasonal allergy and that makes it very likely that I can quite easily and MOST UN-SCIENTIFICALLY jump to the conclusion that I'm allergic to winter.

Apparently some flonaise (which must be some sort of wonderdrug cure-all as that's the same thing the ENT doctor prescribed for my Ear problems last year.) Okay, so it doesn't take a marketing genius to understand the naming convention of this drug but boy...it just sounds like some sort of mayonaise...

And so...hopefully it will work or I may need to either suffer through the winter...or move someplace warm, like Texas. Although I heard they've been having cold weather there too.

1 comment:

Nick said...

In general, a nasal steroid is the most effective treatment for allergic rhinitis. I, however, am partial to Nasonex over Flonase, since Nasonex thought enough to employ a talking bee voiced by Antonio Banderas to advertise their product. If I am going to take a steroid of any kind, I want the Banderas-endorsed one.