The radio station I listen to made a big deal about the note President Bush left for President Obama. Can you imagine? I know it's fodder for a lot of jokes, but in all seriousness, words are a powerful thing and there are really only a handful of people who can truly share the enormity of what being a president is all about.
I saw an ad today on one of those sidebar adwords advertisements and it just had three words dear Mr. President...so I got to thinking what would I say to our new president.
Dear Mr. President:
Nice speech today. Actually I have to give kudos to the last few. If I were a person who based my vote solely on the content of the speeches, I might have even voted for you. But I did not.
I appreciate your humility. I appreciate your love of family and I sense a love for this country that I imagine is necessary for anyone seeking that office.
I liked how it seemed like you were just soaking it all in. Like today was something to be savored slowly like a fine glass of wine.
I don't envy your position. Many people look to you to fix...something. Make us happy. Blame you when life doesn't work. You are an easy scapegoat and you probably will make mistakes.
So really the only thing I wanted to say...Dear Mr. President: We pray for you. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be. May God lead your heart as you lead this country through some challenging moments.
I wish you joy, Mr. President.
No comments:
Post a Comment