12/4/08

Tooth be told: christmas music

So I went to the dentist today. (No cavities YAY!) I’m not a huge fan of the hygienist however I go because it’s good to maintain proper dental health and my parents gifted me with almost 13 years of visits to the orthodontist that I feel like that sort of investment is worth protecting. Besides, teeth are kind of important. Not only for one of my favorite activities – eating, but ideally not having teeth just makes people look at you funny and I really don’t want to have false teeth either.

Oma Mt. Prospect (my mom’s mom) had false teeth and used both polydent and efferdent. I know this because most summers we shared a room at our summer home and she’d take her teeth out and put them in a glass on our dresser. I really don’t want to do that.

Anyhow, the hygienist was new to me and playing loudly the most obnoxious Christmas CD I’ve heard in a while. It wouldn’t have been so bad if it wasn’t so loud. Even she ended up saying something like – “boy, this is an interesting CD, might drive me nuts after awhile.”

So today’s topic is Christmas music that drives me nuts….

Feliz Navidad
Anything by the Chipmunks
Santa Baby
Jingle Bells
All I want for Christmas – Mariah Carey

I’m sure there are more, but that’s a start.

1 comment:

Alesha said...

I rather enjoy the Chipmunks Christmas song. However, the song that always gets turned off at my house, the Christmas Shoes song. I am sure we have talked about this, but that song...it just grates on me!

Last Christmas is getting there as is "do they know its Christmas"