Explored the Minnesota Science Museum with a friend tonight. Conveniently he has a membership so mostly everything was free...or as free as stuff gets when you pay for a membership?
We explored the CSI exhibit. It was interesting in a sort of easy/cheesy walt disney sort of way. You are split up into investigating teams. And given a crime to solve and by learning about powers of investigation, DNA testing, autopsy and such you solve clues on computer screens and eventually state your case to solve the crime. It was interesting but I'm not sure I'd pay a bunch of money to do it again.
We then looked at the dinosaurs, the light exhibit and by then it was time for the Omnimax movie - about the great lakes and mostly it was about a scientist who was enamored with a 120 year old sturgeon who he has been tracking yearly during spawning season. Beautiful Scenery (of course I love nature scenes) and waterfalls and cliffs and lakes, it was a lovely piece of film baring a somewhat way too close of a relationship with a sturgeon.
We also saw a preview for another omnimax movie that is coming that showcases the Grand Canyon that looks really cool. Putting that on my list of must see.
1 comment:
I have missed the Science Museum since I let my membership lapse. I LOVE omni movies. LOVE them!
Post a Comment