Today as part of a 3 hour meeting we had to sit through the "inclusion" presentation. Mostly so that someone could report back that we sat through it and that we agreed or disagreed with the results.
I'm not entirely sure what the expectation is? And in a group setting are you really going to say that you don't agree?
Then as part of the conversation we were compared to different other regions of the world where people were engaged, apathetic, or not engaged at all...and the results were that really the only engagement of anywhere on the globe is 21% of people...the rest of workers across the globe either don't care or are so completely fed up with their job that they are unengaged. How sad is that?
But then I thought about the whole inclusion discussion and the fact that the management really wants to engage us in a conversation to maybe fix the "problem" and sadly, I'm feeling like this viscous circle might continue until infinity.
Yep - it's a great conversation to have on a Monday. But at least there was a free lunch.
No comments:
Post a Comment