Birthday wishes go out today to my brother Pete. Hard to believe we are in our middle 30's now but it's true. Seems just like yesterday we were racing down center street on minibikes and pushing each other with the soapbox racer.
Pete is an auto body technician. Crafting metal back into a shape of a car is a huge mystery to me but Pete does it quite masterfully.
I can already see that little Em has his number and he will gladly push her on her train or swing or whatever it takes to make her happier. She's mellowed him. Not a bad thing but in a cute sort of way I rather appreciate the fact the Pete will indulge her whims and push her on the train or read her favorite book over and over again.
The other day Pete called just mostly to tell me that he enjoyed the movie Made of Honor. It's not the sort of movie that I'd say he'd watch...I've always considered him being more of a Jean Claude or Vin Diesel sort of guy. It was cool though that he knew I'd like that sort of thing and took the time to call me.
I have many wishes for my little brother. And yes, people give me a hard time calling him that. But to me even though he's 6 feet tall and larger than me, my heart will always fondly call him "little" not for some sort of taunting "hey I'm older" but because that's just the way it's been.
My greatest wish for him this next year is joy. Find more ways to experience it. To treasure the small moments. To not worry about tomorrow. To just be able to be content that life is good and that things will just work out. For good health because this year we've had a few scares that I don't want to live through again.
Happy birthday little brother. Can't wait to see you and your family soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment