Okay, so most of my family thought I was nuts to move to minnesota and for the most part, since I moved they have had majorly worse winters. (to which I say HA HA!)
This year, however it's somewhat more bitterly cold than I remember it being in a long while. The kind of cold that you feel in your toes the moment you go outside. The kind of cold that makes doors freeze from the time you run into rainbow just to "get a few things". The kind of cold that makes you wish for a warm cup of hot cocoa with enough marshmellows to make your teeth hurt or a cup of frothy spicy chai tea...which is what I had tonight at a new little coffee shop I tried on Grand Ave.
It's cold. did I fail to mention that? It's the kind of cold that makes you think of flannel everything and thick socks and a down comforter in front of a roaring fire in a log cabin. Or merely a third floor apartment, a couch and someone warm to cuddle on the couch with...but I digress.
It's the kind of cold that make a person wonder...Can I really last another four or five months of it being this cold?
It's the kind of cold that makes you thank your lucky stars that you have heat and a warm shower and a roof over your head and pray for those who don't.
It's cold. Darn cold. And the new doors that they installed on my apartment are the worst doors I've ever had on an an apartment insofar as keeping out the cold. I actually watched today as my blinds were waiving in the breeze comin in through the door. Ridiculous. I may need to make a journey to menard's after all....they sell those 3M seal a door with a hair dryer things that should help. If I can figure out how to do it. I may need a chair to reach the top of the door but it should hopefully work.
Shouldn't fall last a little longer?
Driving home tonight I saw a guy at a bus stop with a surgical mask on. Kind of like one of those n-95 dust masks that painter wear...which reminded me of my dad. Dad would bring those home and we would wear them under our scarves when we were helping him blow snow...and we'd also wear them in the nursery whenever mom was changing pete's diapers...at least that's what the photo albums show.
No comments:
Post a Comment