It's a rollercoaster. Today I had a meeting and was actually feeling pretty giddy that maybe my website might be back in business.
I have been working on this project with building a document respository / message board / mega search engine website since October 2007. In Eco-years that's a long time to work on anything. The other division that started the project with me launched their site last february so I'm a tad jaded and a bit envious of the people who work there.
It's pretty nifty. The software we are using allows a person to upload documents via e-mail. We've programmed powerpoints to create themselves with the click of a few choices of products. You can customize pdfs. You can search for any product under the sun and it will find every powerpoint slide that mentions the product. It has beautiful quick links on the front page which shares all sorts of information at a click of a button. It's modern and fast and I have to say it probably would make me great friends with our saleforce.

However yet again, this mini project is pushed aside for some other sort of big meeting and instead of moving forward I'm like that hamster in bolt that's running in his ball...only I'm slighly dizzy from being kicked aside. (I have to admit that poor sherlock the hamster...or was it sniffy...alas...we had a tile basement floor and had one of those balls and needless to say we thought it was amusing to roll it and see if the hamster could keep up...yep evil children we were.)
Alas, between the time I started typing this blog entry and now I'm somewhat resigned to the fact that the fates have this in their hands and I've done everything in my power to see this through.
No comments:
Post a Comment