Thanks to facebook and a bit of e-mail correspondence I met a new friend for dinner saturday night. He actually was my brother's roommate when we were at Winona State so does that make him a friend viacariously through Jerry and formerly an acquaintance of mine? I could spend more time analyzing that but for what it's worth, I've decided to claim Brian as my friend now and the heck with the past.
Wow, I thought Denver and Chicago's Cheesecake factory was large and overcrowded but I think it might be true for all of them. They all look the same as far as interior design.
I ordered the Chicken Madiera...which was a tasty combination of chicken mushrooms and aspargus and an enormous scoop of mashed potatoes which was delicious. Brian had the fish and chips - which looked good too. What I rather appreciate is their eclectic menu.
What I think might have worked better for us was a better seating choice. We were somewhat crammed into the side of a row of tables and much what I dislike about Tucci Bennuch is the same here - you sort of feel like the table next to you is listening in on the whole conversation...which when you are trying to catch up on almost 18 years of story, can seem rather ...invasive?
I don't have a companion to talk with over dinner very often so I'm sure that after a few hours of what seemed to me like me not shutting up - it was just a treasured moment to end a rather long and burdensome week.
No comments:
Post a Comment