I am thankful that I am employed.
In this "economy" it's not a safe bet that any of us can guarantee we will keep our jobs and it breaks my heart to see how many people are trying to find them after being layed-off. Just yesterday I learned of a long time veteran of my employer being let go. She was one of those people who seemingly did everything for her division and served on a ba-zillion internal volunteer committees. Of course I don't know the whole story but I know a bunch of others and each one has something that equally tugs at your heart and makes you thank your lucky stars you aren't in their shoes.
I know I go back and forth about whether I like or dislike my job. If I had to say one thing I'm thankful about it its for those opportunities to see that the effort I made, helped someone else be successful. Our sales field works hard but they sometimes just don't have the right tools or resources and it's times that we band together and work on a project that give me something tangible that says - there, I've contributed today.
In the end, I'm being creative. I'm learning. And ultimately I'm hoping that continues. Sometimes it's the people that make me nuts but if I focus on the role I'm called to serve and remember that execellence is a reflection of what's in my heart, then perhaps the hard days will not consume me.
And for my friends, who now number quite a few, without a job - I really am praying for you and your families. May you be led to the right employer. I hope your burden isn't difficult and that along the tough journey you find ways to stay encouraged. Easy to say from this side of the keyboard, but I imagine difficult to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment