The latest animation from Walt Disney Studios doesn't disappoint. We went to see it in 3-D this afternoon. I haven't been to a 3-D movie since we were at Walt Disney World several years ago and I forgot how cool the effect could be.
The movie kind of reminded me of the Truman Show. The animation was pretty good and the 3-D effects were okay at times but sometimes just were a little too predictable of things flying out at you.
By far my favorite character was Rhino the hamster.
I'm trying to figure out why the movie would get a PG-13 rating and the only thing I could think of is that there are some fighting scenes and a scene where bolt and penny almost die - so if perhaps if you have sensitive kids I might suggest leaving them home. On the other hand, there's really not much else that I could stick a pin in that would really make me want to run screaming from the room...
***1/2 stars out of 5 - while it was a perfectly lovely movie, I just didn't really think the story was worthy of other 5 star movies like Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast...but it was well worth it and if you can - the 3-D effect is actually sort of fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment