11/20/08

shoulda woulda...

Okay so I probably should have just let my conscious get the best of me and not gone into work today. I wasn't feeling well and not 100% also means mistakes happen. Anyhow...hopefully I can fix the dreadful mistake tomorrow but in the meantime I can't sleep so I thought I'd blog.

I did get home in enough time to see enough daytime tv to realize that there's an epidemic of young people who are having enough sex with random people to keep Maury on the topic for an entire season of "tell him he's my kid's daddy". Or random small claims court lawsuits to keep four or five different judges shows in business.

I never really understood the mystique of Jerry Springer or Maury - listening to people scream at each other and threaten each other with physical "in your faceness" do we really need to watch? There are a lot of 13 years old who want to have a baby. We were just talking about that in real life. Are they so unloved that they think that creating your own person is going to fill that void? Why would they want to have a baby?

Then don't get me started on the demographic of commercials that are on...really...seriously... if I need to go on an antidepressant that I saw that can work with antidepressants there's a whole slew of other things I probably need to be working though.

I'm really glad tomorrow is friday and taking the afternoon off for a nap was the best thing I coulda done...I'm feeling about 70% better. My voice is still shot but I don't think I plan to do a whole lot of talking tomorrow and aside from bowling in the evening on Saturday I have no plans.

No comments: