It's always on this friday that I begin to feel a little christmas spirit enter into the world. It's not really about the whole head out to stores at some ungodly hours - seriously I just don't understand what's so important that you'd have to get up out of a warm comfy bed at 3-ish to get to Kohl's by 4 but then again, I don't need a digital picture frame for $39.95.
I do think it's fun that some families make it an event. One group of moms and sisters gets hotel rooms the night before and makes a whole girls day out event of it. That might be fun (maybe).
What I'm looking forward to is the music. I love christmas carols. I wasn't going to put up my christmas tree this year because I'm not going to be home for christmas, but there's something to be said for sitting in a darkened room listening to christmas carols with the only lights being the twinkling of the lights from the tree.
I'm also wondering if we are going to head back to the same candlelight service at Faith or if we will venture somewhere else this year? There is something I rather enjoy about singing silent night by candlelight and it just hasn't been the same the last few years.
No comments:
Post a Comment