How much do we really know about people? If you're like me you might bounce around these blogs and get caught up in a small soap opera of a stranger's life (okay so that's probably only me...and a small handful of others) - will they have a good vacation? After being without a job since last summer will they find a place to work?
But in the lives of those we do know and relate with on a more basic seeing and talking and "being" basis - how much do we really know about that person? Maybe because it's getting close to Christmas and I remember the christmas that I bought everyone a questions book and had high hopes of people actually participating in a relating exercise...when not only a few relatives participated...it sort of fell by the wayside.
I enjoy learning quirky details about people. I may not know every favorite color of every friend I have but at some point, I remember little things. How many details like that are defined if you're my friend? An acquaintance? A passerby? Are these details important? Maybe not. Relevant? Maybe.
And no - I'm not going to start carrying around a questionaire and pepper our conversations with meaningless questions like what's your sign, but I guess I just ponder tonight - what are the details that might be cool to know?
No comments:
Post a Comment