So I just couldn't figure out how to text message on my phone today to send a message into the "discussion" at church. Might be just the excuse I need to get an iphone OR maybe I just don't embrace technology like this younger generation. (HA)
People face absolutely abymsal trials. You'd like to think that they aren't all orchestrated by God but that just seems too easy.
Do you think God sends messages to the world today and what do they look like? Would we recognize a "burning bush" for what it was if it appeared to us?
Why do people suffer from terribly disabling mental illness when others are seemingily unharmed by anything?
I'm reading this book called Wide Awake by Erwin McManus. It is taking me forever to read. It makes me wonder what I'm holding onto. Why I still struggle to understand Grace, those terribly weighty verses in the bible like - the path to heaven is narrow and the one that says - you profess with your mouth Lord Lord, but I never knew you and it's hard not to wonder what it means to just give it all up for God, when in actuality doing anything other than ALL is probably giving up more than we even imagine.
Why don't people believe? I listen to sermons online a lot. You'd think that would help but it perhaps extends my faulty theology. One said recently that if people would attempt to make as much of an effort to know God as they do resisting him that maybe they would find they really aren't that far away from him at all.
I'm not really talking religion in a sense of going to church and worship but worship as a life choice that extends to how you relate to all people, regardless of how they believe. And more importantly how do I communicate and keep a commitment to God when the world and my own desires are pulling me in the exact opposite direction.
The apathy of just not having God in your life extends farther from the idea that you have to be religious or some sort of bible-verse quoting scholar that goes to church every sunday to just the simple idea that all it takes is the whole of your heart and because of that heart you just make decisions with a different lens. Fanatical - perhaps. And it's easy and its downright difficult but without God really you just don't have much.
Our small group is reading our way through the bible...slowly. We are in Exodus. Just finished reading the plagues. Can those people be more stupid? However, in actuality I don't wonder if I'm not just as unaware of what God is trying to tell me and I'm clinging to the land he's trying to bring me out of.
And here ends tonight's God pondering...all rise for the reading of the Gospel.
No comments:
Post a Comment