10/18/08

Yahoo Personals

Okay, so some people say I'm a tad too pickey about the men in my life. And granted, it's been a good twelve years since my last sort of relationship so I guess that might be a sign.

I tend to just either be clueless and a tad shy or really just haven't cared about myself all that much in twelve years and that's probably another clue.

So I signed up for a dating service, like I mentioned a few blogs back and really I'm just not sure this is the best route for me either. Maybe it's because I'm closer to 40 than 30 (a fact that I thought about in the car just the other day because next year's 39th birthday, if I still work at the 'lab, will be spent working a trade show in Ft. Lauderdale florida.)

It's difficult to meet single men. And reading their profiles don't help either. Either they completely make me realize WHY THEY ARE STILL SINGLE or they just really don't say a whole lot of anything. I'm not sure that I want to date someone who has kids. It's not that I don't like kids, it's just a tad too complicated. And the ones that have replied have A LOT OF KIDS. Little ones. Makes you just wonder what happened to their life.

One guy said right up front that because he works all night he likes to spend all day in bed (wink wink) Which for some people, might be a good thing, but might just be a tad too obvious for me. I like a little subtlety.

Sure I haven't gone out on a date yet. Or answered an ad yet. I'm probably going to shut down before actually answering one. It's just not my style. Although I'm just not entirely sure what is. There's got to be an easier way. And no, this isn't a shout out to my married friends (AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE...)to start canvassing. The moratorium on "setups" still exists. There's got to be an easier way BESIDES THAT TOO.

No comments: