I rather don't understand television programming. Especially tonight. I know that I don't have many choices now that I've removed cable television from my life (and it's been 7 months already) however I just don't understand the random nature of syndication. And tonight it could get no further random than Alf. Of course they WERE going up against Knight Rider so maybe they thought they were in the 1980's again?
I watched Alf in the 1980's. It was entertaining. And granted maybe an "evening of Alf" is better than listening to reruns of Kenley whine her way through project runway but how utterly random of a show for the programming people to pick. Out of all the shows out there. And it's not like they were "A VERY SPECIAL EPISODE" of Alf. We are talking - Alf wearing a dress gags.
So that made me think of other television shows they might bring back that I perhaps was the only person watching...
The winnebago stylings of Shazam!
Beyond the Magic Door (a local Chicago area Jewish Kids program on sundays - c'mon the jewish kids needed something to do while the christians were at sunday school)
Silver Spoons (I always wanted a life sized train in my house)
Square Pegs
And my absolute favorite - Mad About You. (Which is still on tv once in a while really really late at night.)
No comments:
Post a Comment