10/5/08

Nursery Calling

Yikes, so today was the first day I actually had to test the "nursery paging system" on screen at church. It should have worked fine except I forgot to check the formatting and right in the middle of the sermon the girls came in with the number so all I did was click the number 9 and hit enter...and there, right in the middle of the sermon slide was the largest number 9 imaginable. (Think 120 pt Helvetica font)

It took a few seconds for me to register the problem and remove it from the screen and by then I was already so distracted from the whole of the sermon that I didn't quite get the explanation of the billions of skittles in the sermon illustration and actually, most of the whole sermon about miracles.

I knew exactly whose child it was and it looked like she got the message...but alas she did not and so near to the end of the sermon yet again I was given the number 9...

We want this to be as little of a distraction as possible but I think there are still kinks to work out in the system. Mostly my operating the numerical paging thing at the bottom of the screen. :)

So - the number 9 doesn't really have anything to do with miracles....in case you were wondering or maybe it does...and we just don't know it yet.

No comments: