We watched A LOT of television as kids. Not always PBS but typically cartoons and some sort of "family programming.
I was always more of a Bert or Grover lover. Probably because Bert had a bottle cap collection. Pete was enamored with Cookie Monster.
For some reason today I heard some say "we'll take the family car" and it triggered a memory of the Tweddle Bugs. This was the somewhat dimwitted family of bugs that lived beneath the flowers in Ernie's flower box.
I remember most of the time the sketch had to do with the father trying to get the family to go somewhere and he'd exclaim "we'll take the FAM-IL-LEE CAR" and the kids would say "the family car?" and he'd say "THE FAMILY CAR." The car was made from some sort of milk carton and bottle caps and typically had some sort of problem that they would fix with the intent to teach people that flat tires are round, not square.
I wonder if they still have sketches like that? I'll be they need to bring it up a notch or two for these technically savvy youngsters. No longer are the toddlers enamored by a few of my other favorites:
or this one...seriously seventies...maybe not at its best but a catchy tune nonetheless.
1 comment:
They still weave those old sketches into the new Sesame Street episodes. Good stuff.
Post a Comment