9/7/08

Welcome to the World: Eli Geofrry

Born: Sept. 2nd to my friend Amy and her husband Scott

10 lbs. 5 oz. 22 inches

Welcome to the world little Eli.

I have so many wishes for you already...

Love God and your family with all your heart.
Play fair. Make new friends but keep the old.
Be kind to your sister. Even little brothers make good protectors - I should know I have two "younger brothers" (okay so 11 minutes isn't quite the age difference between you and grace but still...)
Enjoy hunting with your dad. Learn how to change a tire. No matter how much this world wants equality, try to think gallantly because that's who you ARE, not because you are trying to score points.
Watch cartoons. Listen to stories. Use your imagination. Being prepared doesn't always have to mean you are a boy scout, but if you decide to join, not only will I buy incredibly expensive popcorn from you, but I will cheer you along every step of the way.

Be a boy and don't try to grow up too fast. Tinker and explore. Visit Minnesota often.

I know I love you already.

No comments: