So because I just haven't had anything nice to say since last thursday and am tired about complaining about "the land that never changes" I found this list of questions to ponder...
Is there something you’ve dreamed of doing for a long time? Why haven’t you done it? I'd like to write. I'm sure I know what I would say but I'm not sure I have the voice of anyone else.
I don't typically talk to a lot of people. Yesterday I was having a discussion with a store clerk. We had exchanged pleasantries before and she knows my name when I walk into her store (which should tell you that yep, I shop there quite a bit) Anyhow we were talking about authors and books and I was sharing with her my recent experience reading Debbie Macomber's new book and we were debating whether we liked the fact that they re-issue old books in either different trade sizes or hardcover. (I'm not a big fan.)
Anyhow - I made some off the cuff statement and she asks - why don't you try writing?
I enjoy writing (duh? Why else would I spend this much time bloggin) however the idea of writing and sustaining a novel just scares me a bit. I just don't do dialogue well (which I also attribute to the fact that I don't typically talk to a lot of people so the voice in my head just really doesn't know what they would say.)
Where is the most beautiful place in the world? The place I remember the most is this little lighthouse dock in Port Washington, WI. Maybe because it housed the scene of one of the most peaceful and romantic days of my life so far but too I am very drawn to lighthouses, water and sunsets.
One hot summer afternoon, while walking through a parking lot at a large shopping center, you notice a dog suffering badly from the heat inside a locked car. What would you do? Sadly, if I'm honest I probably would just think how terrible it was of someone to bring their dog to the shopping center and walk by. I'd like to think I'd go in and go to the security counter but probably I would just walk by.
Someone very close to you is in pain, paralyzed, and will die within a month. He begs you to give him poison so he can die. Would you? This shouldn't be such a difficult question. No I probably wouldn't. Facing the death of people close to me already I tend to want to grasp onto every moment. I'd hope to find something to ease the pain, but poison probably would only hurt the person more.
What’s the dumbest purchase you’ve ever made? e-harmony subscription
What has been the biggest disappointment in your life? Hmmm the question says what but I automatically jump to who - how sad is that? Is it all intertwined?
What is the greatest accomplishment of your life? Graduating from college. Is there anything you hope to do that is even better? Yes.
What is the most useful gift you’ve ever been given? This computer
Sweet or Salty? Sweet
If you had to choose between meat and cheese for the rest of your life, which would you choose? I'd say meat. I know and love cheese is a lot of things but really the idea of life without a thick juicy steak or hamburger just seems rather dismal.
What is the worst song ever? My roommate in college played Kokomo by the beach boys every day for the first quarter I lived with her. That's high on my list. Shiny Happy People by R.E.M. (blech) Anything with that high pitch screech of Mariah Carey
That's all I have for now - there may be a few more questions coming up the next few weeks (particularly if I find the questions book again.) In the meantime if there's something you'd like to know - leave it here and I'll try and answer :)
No comments:
Post a Comment