9/8/08

Fantasy Football: Ah if only....

So this is the first time I've played fantasy football and already in week one I feel the pain of quite a few team owners as my quarterback is out for the season. (Still not as terrible as poor Tom Brady who now faces surgery but who do you draft at this point? His back up? Some other quarterback that no one really wanted?)

I also probably shouldn't have played my Viking defense against Green Bay's kicker because really the points merely even out (See I did learn something this week.)

I guess in the end with all that's happened, it is a miracle I ended up with the points that I did get and I concede the win to Killer Tofu. 104 - 96

I'm not entirely sure I understand some of the calls or why stuff happens. But hey maybe by the end of the season I might know more about football.

The announcers sure do talk a lot even though they really aren't saying much. Or is it just me?

I may have to just do what I do with baseball and turn off the tv sound and listen to someone else. Maybe I'll add that to my list of qualities I'm looking for in a man - the patience to explain football to me. Not high on the list, mind you. There are more important things than football. Right?

1 comment:

Alesha said...

Yes, announcers DO talk a lot with out saying anything at all.

If you really want, I can help explain some of the basics, then you can show off your football knowledge to your man. Or, in my case, try to teach him. :)