So I watch Saturday Night Live every so often and while the laughs are few and far between as opposed to the Phil Hartmann / Chris Farley years there are some moments that either make you so uncomfortable for them you have to laugh at the trainwreck that it is or they truly are funny.
So I thought Tina Fey did a great job as Sarah Pallin - of course you could kind of see that coming. The juxtaposition of her and Amy Pohler's Hillary Clinton worked, however it was a bit long and somewhat predictable.
Michael Phelps should stick to swimming. Of course that too was sort of predictable but you surely can't blame the guy for cashing in on his moments of fame. While I wouldn't be quick to pull out the VHS copy of his debut to show the kids, it wasn't nearly as bad as some other atheletes that have appeared on the show.
I just don't think the writers spent all that much time on the episode and if they did - um...were they on drugs? Sometimes I think they find themselves too funny and charming and it comes off as arrogant and not funny.
My favorite part of the show typically is weekend update. This time had a few laughs but mostly some highly awkward (unfunny) attempts (did they really attempt to emulate Cathy?)
Lil' Wayne - hmmmm so mostly I turn the channel when the musical acts come on because for the most part I don't typically enjoy them. This time I stayed (for at least two minutes) and mostly wondered what is the big attraction to artistically deface your body?
Okay - before you think that I'm some tatoo hater - I don't hate tatoos. Some of my friends have lovely tatoos and interesting stories behind them. But it's the words and across the hands and face that I just don't get. Do you have to ink up your whole arm and continue onto the hand because you ran outta room?
I was getting tired and it was going downhill fast from sort of watchable to stupid trainwreck and so I turned it off and headed to bed.
SEASON PREMIERE RATING: C+ (the plus is mostly for Tina Fey)
No comments:
Post a Comment