9/12/08

the big one - OH

So I got an invitation to lunch for September 29. The topic: to celebrate my 10th work-dom anniversary.

Ah it seems like just yesterday I was a dewey-eyed Minnesota newbie living at Bernie and Amy's house, mooching their food, and willie-nilly sending out resumes to anyone who would have me.

Today, yet another person announced they are leaving. And in the course the last week I've been asked more often than not what my own plans are, (including my new manager - which was kind of awkward...) My plans stem from feelings not logic and fluctuate from being extremely fed up with the current situation and something else I just can't put my thumb on.

It's also rather funny when you get lumped into the "category" of those people who stay and we become a group of two or three that can rather jadedly ascertain when you sense the new people movin' on. We don't place bets but there's just a sense that's there.

So why don't we move on?

There's a comfort level. We've learned the language. There's a small thing called rent and a new car on the horizon. There's the WHAT IF: the idea that when talking to other friends (who work elsewhere) that pretty much any place could be better or way-worse.

Oh and - we're going to disney world - who wouldn't want to stay for that? :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Disney? Ok, yeah...that's a convincing arguement to stay. You win this round. I still plan to try to talk you into leaving whenever I can.

BTW: You didn't mooch off us. I remember many days when you entertained Maddie, helped cook dinner, cleaned the house, etc. It was an even exchange.

Amy

Anonymous said...

Oh! BTW: I also loved that you were doing the questions on your blog. Made me super nostalgic of when we used to do that over e-mail.

Alas, if I get 5 minutes to myself one of these days, I'll try to send some of my answers back. :)

Have a great week-

Amy