I was driving and listening to the radio and the traffic reporter came on to report the dire delays on Hwy. 36 - a whole 15 minutes and 7 minutes on the Wakota bridge.
When a traffic reporter says be prepared for delays in Chicago it could mean an hour or two and we'd pray for 20 minutes to downtown on a good day.
One of the many reasons why I moved to Minnesota was the traffic in Illinois was just CRAZY. I still think that every time I head home, but really there are days when I wonder how much traffic reporters in our town get paid and how many stations they work for and what they consider a "bad" day. Sure the day the 35 W bridge went down was terrible and am I the only person in town who thinks it's sort of scary that they've already finished that bridge but it's going to take another two or three years for them to finish the wakota bridge?
They pretty much make the 8 minute delay and any car stalled on the side of a road a national news story.
I'm not saying this is a bad thing but when you've lived in a city with RUSH HOUR traffic, calling these sorts of nuisances rush hour makes me chuckle.
There are people who are planning to driving tomorrow on the 35 W bridge just for the sake of driving over it. I don't recall ever driving over that bridge in the first place so making a trip just to drive on it just seems a little odd. I'm also a betting woman that tomorrow's rush hour traffic will have a story about the 35 W bridge delay.
No comments:
Post a Comment