In fact I got to work a little before 8 and there were merely 5 security guards standing around the park outside of eco-land and not one single protestor.
There was one annoying thing during the day and that was a band that was playing in the park, alternating with a couple of protestors banging on a bunch of drums. We used to have our offices on the 12th floor of the building but now being on one of the lower floors it was excessively loud.
I decided to leave work early. 4:45-ish and THAT was a mistake. Although I understand from the news reports that just after I escaped the insanity they arrested a crowd of protestors that I passed along the way.
I'm all for the ability to express free speech but at some point there has to be responsibility to protect the safety and well being of those around you. And that also includes private property as well. It just doesn't serve their message well when they break windows of cars and innocent storeowners. I've heard all about their exploits but I have no idea what they are protesting? Don't you think they should find a better way of letting their voice be heard?
Tomorrow I'm working 1/2 a day and then I have meetings all afternoon off-site. We'll see what leaving during the middle of the day is like?
No comments:
Post a Comment