9/19/08

How to Pack?

Okay so the final memo came out today for our "dress code" for the meetings coming up next week and weekend in Florida:

Thursday: Business Casual
Friday: Business suits (day); Casual (evening)
Saturday: Business suits (day); Casual (evening)
Sunday: Casual

I know I shouldn't whine but really when you are entertaining "customers" I don't have a foggy idea what the difference is between casual and business casual, except I might actually stretch and say that we can wear jeans on the casual evenings? Somehow I just however can't see pulling out what I call casual and wearing it to dinner at Epcot. (I guess the metallica t-shirt will stay home this trip!)

With Northwest charging for checked luggage and the majority of us already carrying computers and projectors and extra copies of handouts , it's also great to know that we will need to bring at least two changes of clothes a day in addition to a few pairs of shoes.

When this was announced at the meeting this afternoon you could see all the women jumping in their heads to their closets and figuring out what might work and still be able to fit into one suitcase - we had already tossed hopes of carry on luggage a few days ago when the hotel announce they wanted $1,000 a day to rent projectors to us. (Brian should figure out a way to rent out the new projector we purchased for the alley during the week...if customers are willing to pay that much money for a projector - we'd have it paid off in no time!)

Looking at the guys, there didn't seem to be a care in the world. A few pairs of dockers, a few polo shirts and two blazers, two shirts, pants and one pair of shoes in a duffle should do it.

In the meantime, I'm heading to the dry cleaners tomorrow.

No comments: