The cubs are the 2008 National League Central Champions. Happened yesterday at Wrigley Field against the Cardinals. The rivalry of a Cubs Cardinals game is one that is just electric at Wrigley and I think fans enjoying the beautiful day at the ballpark are cautiously optimistic this year of the next step on the road to the World Series.
They've been here before. For a team riddled with injuries and the fact that the final out was thrown by Kerry Wood - a pitcher who by all accounts almost ended his career last year with several injuries, fans can't help but hold their breath in wonder if a 100 year drought might finally be over.
Counting goats before they die has always been a fan's biggest heartbreak. However wouldn't it be cool for the curse to be broken in a Crosstown World Series? Esepecially in light of the many years I've received ribbing from my cousins (all die hard Sox fans).
I have to admit it's been difficult to follow my allegiance to the Cubs ever since I got rid of my cable tv last year. And even then, living here in Minnesota I'm about as far removed from following baseball as life simple has become more about work and other things. But hey - that's why they invented Google right?
Yes, it's nice to hang onto hope. and we're singin' Go Cubs Go Go Cubs Go Hey Chicago whaddaya say the Cubs are goin' to win today (go all the way!)
1 comment:
I don't know if I really count, as I am not from Chicago, but I am a bit of a Cubs fan. I mean, even based on mascot alone....no brain-er!
I would love to see the Cubs go all the way.
Of course, I am from MN which means I have to be a fan of a team that might actually WIN. :)
Post a Comment