9/11/08

Facebook: the minutes are tickin'

There are a lot of things that waste time in this world. Probably most would point at this blog and say why in the world would you spend any time at all sharing your thoughts online. What in the world is the purpose. I don't know that there is any purpose to it other than I feel a little like Dougie Houser M.D. every night when I try and sit and empty my brain of its ponderings.

Facebook is yet another such thing. I have to admit I just spent the last hour doing pretty much NOTHING. I played a few games of scramble, took a few quizes to see it I was like anyone else.

There was one quiz which I thought was the most ludicrous thing - you had to rank you most favorite to least favorite sins. Really? Of course right after that you had to list your most favorite to least favorite of the ten commandments. (Ah - the choices are endless would you rather covet your neighbor's wife or have no other God)

I can just picture God's reaction to that one.

Of course I love quizes. When I used to read magazines more frequently I used to take all of those quizes that would tell you who you are or what color your umbrella really is.

Needless to say, I can waste a WHOLE lot of time on facebook.

No comments: