The last day of vacation is always sort of melancholy. Formulate in your head what you want to share with others when they ask how your vacation was and hope that the inbox waiting for you at work isn't completely horrible. (I admit I already checked my work e-mail box and only had 163 e-mails which I've whittled down to a mere 100 that I need to answer tomorrow)
It's difficult for me to plan a vacation lately because I feel such a strong pull to use my free vacation time to head home to be with my family. However that in itself sometimes isn't the most relaxing time.
Oh my family was fine this time around with not overscheduling things however it's the beneath the surface stuff I'm talking about...the subtle signs that both your parents are aging at a rapid rate with declining health issues. I know that we don't have any clue what God has in store for our lives. I know that in my heart that He's got some sort of plan. I can't help but grasp on to every moment and hope that I might have a few more hours, days and years with my family.
Mom is heading to the doctor on the 15th after having failed every one of her tests the doctor took last week. We'll know more what that means. All she said was that she failed...isn't that comforting?
Dad is heading back to his cancer doctor in two weeks. That's a routine visit however sitting and listening to him breathe makes me concerned for his health even more than last time. He's gained so much weight and can barely climb stairs without being breathless for a good five minutes to follow. He's grey and sallow and doesn't do much of anything but continue to sit in his chair. There were a multitude of other things that just didn't bode well for my mental state with regard to my folks but I'll leave those off the blog.
I did get to see about an hours worth of a slide show of all of their photos from their trip to Switzerland. While the area was beautiful, the bus tour looked a bit boring to me. Also it looked way too cold for an enjoyable time. I still would love to visit Europe...but probably concentrate on Germany, Italy, maybe Spain, and Greece. Someday that might happen.
So it's off to work tomorrow. I have to admit that I'm sort of dreading it. Why do vacations have to end?
No comments:
Post a Comment