There are some things that just don't need diversification. Yes, I'm talking about YOU, the OWNERS OF The Oriential Restaurant in Woodbury. Are YOU going to change your name now that you've expanded your menu to not only include Oriental food but Mediteranian and Greek and Indian food as well? Probably not. The billboard isn't big enough to be The oriental mediteranian greek indian restaurant. I must say I was highly disappointed. I knew I was in trouble when I approached the building and saw the poster announcing we now have gyros (pronounce year - ohs). What?
I wasn't adventurous enough to order them. I stuck with my typical sesame chicken (although the menu no longer had the lovely combination platter) Everything was over cooked and I heard the cook come out and ask what a wonton was. Also my glass was highly etched (something I know about thanks to my many tours of our r and d center tours in ecoville.)
Yes, I realize I like what I like and I'm sad when it changes. I obviously don't go to woodbury as much anymore now that I don't hang out at WLC as much however I just don't understand why they had to mess up a good thing. (okay so some people really didn't like this restaurant but I rather enjoyed their sesame chicken, their cashew chicken and something is different.)
I blame the gyros.
2 comments:
I heard through the grapevine that they have a new owner now. It is no longer the same as Yangs (which I still am not sure about to begin with, but whatever). The week of 4th of July I went to get some rice and Yangs was closed, OR was open...so of course wondering why one would close and the other would stay open, I asked around and heard it was new owners.
Apparently the new owners decided to expand into other regions.
I had the chicken lo mein last week. It wasn't as good as it used to be.
Yep, it sure isn't the same. Even when the little chinese woman who always yelled at the high school waitstaff was there the service was as good as the food. Now I'm not sure I'll be back when for about the same price I can go down the block and have some tasty cheese puffs and BBQ at Atlantic Buffet when I'm craving oriental food.
Post a Comment