Today we had the Head of the Host Committee from the RNC and a police leader in to give us "the scoop" on plans for the RNC. Everyone and their uncle is quite interested in what may prove to be the biggest NON-event in eco-history. Of course our R&D center may be overrun by eco-people looking to not have to deal with the extra 60,000 people in town, but I for one am looking forward to next week. It would even be fun to head into work on labor day just to see the multitude of protestors scheduled to be in our plaza.
Of course, I'm probably going to pass on working on labor day. We get so few "free" days off that you pretty much need to take advantage of them when you can.
I hope to bring my camera to work most of next week to give a perspective of LIVE! from four blocks away. Of course now the power that be has declared that I need to be at a meeting in eagan one of the days and at a photo shoot another day so, it probably will end up being more of a non-event than I even imagine. Still - it's history in the making.
If one more person said today what a historic event was transpiring in Denver I think I might have flogged the tv. Flipping channels doesn't help - they all pretty much say the same thing.
There is a lot of speculation on who the Rep VP will be. I saw the list of speakers today (as part of the package they sent out to our staff) while it is interesting the number of times Tim Pawlenty is speaking I do wonder if the hype of him getting on the ticket is really just heresay.
Not to say that I think he's a poor candidate. I rather like him. But outside of the state lines has anyone ever heard of him? (apart from reading US News and World report rundown of candidates?)
No comments:
Post a Comment